Grow Your Faith…
A Foundation To Build On
As a believer, a Christian, you have taken the necessary steps to turn to God in repentance and put your faith and your trust in Jesus Christ His Son for the forgiveness of your sins and for your salvation. The Bible says”…Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13) You may have done this a long time ago, perhaps as a child, as an adult, and maybe even recently.
New And Better
Those sins that were separating you from God have been taken out of the way. You have been created new, born again. You have relationship with God. You are adopted into the family of God – this makes God your Father. This also means that the Holy Spirit comes and dwells inside of you, helping you to live a new life and walk out your faith. And you have been saved for a purpose that God has been planning for you for your entire life. This is your chance…
You need to know that God is faithful to His gracious promises. The Bible says “…that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6) Knowing God’s will and being able to do it.
Some Simple Things You Can Do
Doing these simple things will help make it a priority in your life to seek a growing relationship with God…
- Pray every day. I recommend doing this in the morning if you can, because it will help you get aligned with God first thing at the start of your day. This means that you will be closer with Him through out your day.
- Read the Bible every day. I make it a habit to read the Bible right after praying. I recommend reading at least one chapter per day, reading through individual books of the Bible. For example Matthew chapter one, then Matthew chapter two the next day, and so on… Go beyond just reading, and consider what is happening in the passage that you are reading, what its saying. Also think about how to apply what it says to your life and circumstances and what you’re going through, and what you may be able to share about the passage with someone else.
- Go to church. Find a good church that preaches the Gospel, believes in the Bible as God’s Word, and get involved there.
- Talk with the pastors at your church, and Christian friends. Attend a small group weekly if they have any.
- Go throughout your day being consciously aware of God’s presence all the time: praying to Him, seeking Him, listening to Him. This will help you to carry out your thoughts, actions, and behaviors in a way that is informed by your faith – as much as possible.